10.16.2011

I (Heart) TV

When I was younger, I spent a lot of time watching movies. I watched, on average, about 5-10 movies per week throughout my twenties. But lately, I have had a hard time digesting movies of any kind. I get antsy and I also think that they have really lost a lot of appeal to me. On the other hand, I currently (heart) television. There are so many great shows on now. Better acting...better writing...better everything. (Bonus: If you fall in love with a show there are often multiple seasons!) So, inspired by lists everywhere, here is my list of favorite shows (in no particular order other than how they come to mind):
  • Big Bang Theory (Do I know these people? I am these people.)
  • Sons of Anarchy (Awesome!)
  • Californication (Awesome Squared!)
  • Dexter (Love the show , love the books.)
  • Game of Thrones (I can't wait for Season 2)
  • Breaking Bad (The last season wasn't as good, but I will withhold judgment...for now)
  • The League (It makes me laugh)
  • Revenge (I do (heart) Kevin Williamson.)
  • Suits (I can't pass up a good lawyer show or movie.)
  • Vampire Diaries (Teen drama = me watching)
  • Rookie Blue (nothing to really say here)
  • Detroit 1-8-7 (again....no reason)
  • Justified (totally sweet....gotta love the hat)
  • The Walking Dead (The rumor is Season 2 isn't as good...)
  • Chuck (geez I watch a lot of TV)

Here is a list of shows I watch, but either haven't come to (heart) or no longer (heart):
  • House (Getting old, but I still like House as a character.)
  • True Blood (This show jumped the shark after Season 1)
  • PanAm (I (heart) Christina Ricci, but that is about it)
  • Rescue Me (It got repetitive and should have ended a season or two before it did.)
  • Gossip Girl (First season was great....then...???)
  • Lie to Me (ho-hum)
  • Hung (the characters are not growing on me...no pun intended)
  • Weeds (i'm bored)
  • Entourage (see above)
  • Mad Men (this show is som much better on mute)
And finally,  a list of shows that I have watched and (heart) but are no longer with us:
  • Dawson's Creek (see comment for Revenge)
  • Friday Night Lights (an underrated show)
  • The Shield (got better with every season)
  • The Wire (see above)
  • The Booth at the End (only on Hulu)
  • Outlaw (Still love a good lawyer show)
  • My So-Called Life (Claire Danes + Jared Leto = pretty. The quintessential 90's show)
  • Portlandia (Life in Portland....so apt)
  • Wonderfalls (so quirky)
  • Durham County (Dark...gritty)
  • Freaks and Geeks (my junior high life)
  • October Road (The TV version of "Beautiful Girls")
  • Life (revenge...prison...great)
I'm sure I'm missing some. Some that I watched but really don't make the list are Hidden Palms (Kevin Williamson), Sex and the City (after the second movie it doesn't deserve mention),  V (the original series), Flight of the Conchords (their music is the best), MI-5 (BBC = napping), and many more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. You've pointed me to a few shows I haven't yet seen. Thanks. Regarding Dexter, I think the show is better than the book. I don't really love Lindsay's writing style.

Ellen said...

Hahaha you like so many shows for teenage girls!
Walking Dead is getting awesomer, not worse!
Annnd haha Vampire Diaries?