1.19.2012

Facebook Friends Network

I just used the  MyFnetwork app to visualize my friendship networks (see my network below). 






The plot doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but you can definitely see social clusters of my FB friends. For example,

  • The upper part of the network is composed of mostly FB friends from the University of Minnesota.
  • The lower-lefthand side of the network is mostly composed of FB friends that I knew from my high school days.
  • The lower-righthand side of the network is mostly composed of FB friends from my days teaching at ROCORI.
The color coding indicates the centrality of the people shown in the network. Not surprisingly, Joan, Stacy and Danielle are prominently displayed as having high centrality–and Tim is at the center of the network.




1 comment:

Lauren Z. said...

How can I possibly not be in the center of your network? ;)