11.01.2011

Reminiscing

Buddy Holly said it best..."I'm just sitting here, reminiscing." I finally checked Facebook and got caught up on everyone's lives (Hooray internet stalking...errr..catching up!) The posts on the group, St. Cloud Apollo High School Concert Choir 1970-1999- the Bob Sieving years, got me reminiscing about high school choir. Bob Sieving was the choir director at Apollo High School and was simply amazing. He got more students involved in music than anyone I know. He also somehow managed to get high school students to perform at levels that I don't believe to this day. I sang with his choirs from 1989-1992. He also taught music theory. I learned more in Bob's music theory course than I did when I took it in college.

Here are two tunes from that era. The first is from Handel's Messiah. We performed this at St. Mary's Cathedral in St. Cloud, MN circa 1991.





The second is from an MEA Mid-Winter Concert. The pianist in the second tune is my friend Chris Weldon (ping pong player and Julliard grad). The best part of that recording is at the end of the song. Chris ended so strongly that the bench flew back. Listen for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

supercute