10.12.2012

Aerial Photos of Our Neighborhood

I had a meeting yesterday with two librarians from the University of Minnesota to talk about how the libraries could help support professors in the creation of courses. It was one of the best meetings that I have ever had at the University. What a fruitful exchange of ideas and resources. I am sure I got more out of it than they did. One of the resources they shared with me was the John R Borchert Map Library. This library is home to many of the geographic references and information at the University. After browsing around on their website, I cam across Minnesota Historical Aerial Photographs Online. This resource allows you to look at aerial photographs taken at different points in time. I found three photographs after searching for my address.

In 1956, there was almost no development.




In 1967 many houses have appeared on the scene, including ours.

By 1971, the area was even more developed.

No comments: