10.02.2012

Digital Scrapbook: My Sister's Graduation


Sandra gets a paper-towel tube.
On May 14, 2000 my sister Sandra graduated from the University of North Dakota with her Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in what well might have been the longest ceremony I have ever sat through. During most of it I read a book. It was terribly hot and we were sitting on bleachers for hours. I also fell asleep and took two bathroom breaks.

Finally, they announced her name. She walked across stage, and shook this guy's hand (see pic on left). I think he was astounded at how short she was. That was that. If she would have kept walking straight out the door, we could have had dinner sooner.


If you put stood that hat on its corner
it would be taller than Sandra!

Our family in North Dakota. The smiles indicate the
picture was taken prior to the ceremony

No comments: